Pirates. Explorers. And Spooky Ghost Hunters.

A very warm welcome to the lovely and talented author, Bish Denham. I'm thrilled to be able to share my blog with Bish today and to let the world know that her second novel The Bowl and the Stone is OUT NOW! So grab your copy! You're in for a treat!

Bish, I've been looking forward to this day for weeks. So pleased you've joined me and happier still that you've brought along Sam and Nick. Please go ahead and tell everyone about your new novel. 

Thanks for inviting Sam, Nick, and me to have a chat, Nicola! They’re excited to be here, and have brought a tall, cool pitcher of limeade and cookies to share with everyone.

Bish: So, tell us why the two of you are such good friends.

*they look at each other and smile*

Nick: Obviously, it’s because of my charm.

Sam: *lightly punches Nick’s arm* He’s about as charming as a mongoose.

N: Seriously, it’s because Sam doesn’t tease me about having such a hard time with school. She helps me.

S: Seriously, it’s because Nick makes me laugh.

Together: We’re practically twins!

S: We say the same thing at the same time a lot.

N: Or finish each other sentences. And Sam’s not afraid of things like a lot of girls.

B: Like what?

N: Like bugs and exploring the bush.

S: That’s because I taught you.

B: How come you have such a hard time with school, Nick?

N: *shrugs* I like school okay. It’s just that numbers don’t stay in my head, my handwriting is terrible, and I can’t spell worth a darn. Oh, and it’s hard for me to sit still for very long. *knee bounces up and down*

S: That’s because his brain is going a mile a minute. He’s always thinking about something to do, something to make.

B: But you like to read?

N: I LOVE to read.

S: It’s the only way he can be still, otherwise he’s up and doing.

*Nick grabs a cookie and slurps some limeade*

S: Such a slob. *he grins*

B: So do you two have a favorite story?

N: Any kind of adventure, like Treasure Island, Tarzan, Call of the Wild.

S: I like those stories, too, but I also like the Oz Books.

N: Oh yeah, I forgot about those. And she likes history.

S: LOVE history!

B: What about ghost stories?

*they look at each other*

N: Used to like ‘em, but since Sam and I got haunted—

S: Not so much.

B: If you could give one piece of advice, what would it be?

S: *no hesitation* Don’t judge people by how they look.

N: *stares up at the ceiling, rolls eyes around*

S: He’s having a brain fart.

N: *makes a face at her* I’d say be nice to people, you never know when you might need the one person you’ve been mean to.

S: *sticks her tongue out at him*

*they laugh*

B: Well, thanks for talking with us. I hope everyone has enjoyed the Sam and Nick Show.

S. & N.: Thanks for having us over, Nicola!


It's been lovely to have you all and thank you for the cookies. Wishing you all much success with The Bowl and the Stone. Great cover by the way! Enjoy the rest of your tour.
  

About the Author

Bish Denham, whose mother’s side of the family has been in the Caribbean for over one hundred years, was raised in the U. S. Virgin Islands. She still has lots of family living there whom she visits regularly. 
She says, “Growing up in the islands was like living inside a history book. Columbus named the islands, Sir Francis Drake sailed through the area, and Alexander Hamilton was raised on St. Croix. The ruins of hundreds of sugar plantations, built with the sweat and blood of slave labor, litter the islands. Then there were the pirates who plied the waters. It is within this atmosphere of wonder and mystery, that I grew up. Life for me was magical, and through my writing I hope to pass on some of that magic.”

The Bowl and the Stone: A Haunting Tale from the Virgin Islands, is her third book and second novel. You can find Anansi and Company: Retold Jamaican Tales and A Lizard’s Tail, at Amazon.com.

To learn more about Bish, you can visit her blog, Random Thoughts.  She can also be found on Facebook, Twitter @BishDenham and at Goodreads.




Pirates. Explorers. And spooky ghost hunters.

It’s 1962. Sam and her best friend, Nick, have the whole island of St. John, in the U. S. Virgin Islands, as their playground. They’ve got 240 year-old sugar plantation ruins to explore, beaches to swim, and trails to hike.

But when a man disappears like a vapor right in front of them, they must confront a scary new reality. They’re being haunted. By whom? And why? He’s even creeping into Nick’s dreams.

They need help, but the one who might be able to give it is Trumps, a reclusive hunchback who doesn’t like people, especially kids. Are Sam and Nick brave enough to face him? And if they do, will he listen to them? 

As carefree summer games turn into eerie hauntings, Sam and Nick learn more about themselves and life than they could ever have imagined.



Available now at:  Amazon  and Smashwords 

Pop over to Bish's blog now and take advantage of her generous GIVEAWAY!




Comments

  1. This sounds like just the kind of story i liked to read growing up -- thanks for introducing me to it, i will snag a copy soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, messymimi! Hope you enjoy reading about Sam and Nick.

      Delete
  2. They have the perfect friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny!
    My wife and I finish each others' sentences. Nick and Sam better watch out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that happens to a lot of people who are close. :)

      Delete
  4. It's been fun seeing Bish's cover all over the blogosphere. Congrats, Bish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And each appearance is different :) Thanks for popping by ,Donna.

      Delete
  5. Hi Nicola and Bish ... good to meet and hear more from Nick and Sam ... congratulations on the rapport you all have together ... and then good luck with all the sales - it sounds a fascinating tale ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so wonderful seeing Bish's book on display. And Sam and Nick are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great looking book isn't it?

      Delete
    2. Aww. Thanks, Joylene... though I wonder if Nick would like to be thought of as adorable. :D

      Delete
  7. Yay! I have Bish at my place today too. Awesomesauce! I really like the dynamic between these two characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the word 'awesomesauce' :) The dynamic is great.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for stopping by, Crystal. Sam and Nick... a dynamic duo.

      Delete
  8. Sam and Nick are adorable! I think Bish's book sounds just like the ones Nick like to read, Treasure Island, Tarzan, Call of the Wild. I know kids will like it. Wishing Bish much success!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexa. I love those books too. Can't wait to read Bish's novel.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Lexa! I thrilled to know that you know kids like Nick!

      Delete
  9. Bish is everywhere! I'm also looking forward to reading her book once I settle in to my new place and the chaos calms down a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support, Lynda. Wishing you lots of joy in your new place.

      Delete
    2. Lynda, When you get the chance to read it I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Sam and Nick were certainly a lot of fun :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for stopping by, Liz.

      Delete
  11. Hehehe! That was a lot of fun! Yay for Bish! I'm seeing her everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightful! Best wishes on much success. And happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great interview:) Got love anyone who loves both reading and history! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mark. Have a super week.

      Delete
    2. Reading and history go hand in hand. Thanks for stopping by Mark.

      Delete
  14. So cute those two. Nick and Sam are awesome. Congrats Bish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cute, Sheena. Thanks for popping by.

      Delete
  15. Great characters, Bish! "Charming as a mongoose" is a perfect bit of dialogue for Sam. Thanks, Nicola, for hosting Bish and new book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a sarcastic slight and with a double meaning. :) Thanks for stopping by, Lee.

      Delete
  16. A lively interview! I wonder what it means that I struggle to complete my own sentences sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad Sam and Nick could take time out from their adventures to stop by your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ken. It was a real treat.

      Delete
  18. That's the way to do an interview!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! So pleased you've popped by. I love to read your comments, so do leave one - even if it's just to say 'hi'!