Too Much Information in 26 steps



Thank you, Debbie and Guilie for the #AtoZ TMI Blog hop.

I read about this blog hop on Yolanda Renee’s blog and thought it was a great idea for sharing a little bit more about me. So I answered 26 questions. Here goes (gulp):

A: Age
I was born in the year Armstrong placed his left foot down on the moon and declared: "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."  Not a bad year to be born.

B: Biggest fear
Very Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo has left NCIS and I’m still alive and well, so nothing more to fear.

C: Current Time
The birds are chirping and the local church has just chimed six times. Too early to talk. Time for coffee.

D: Drink you last had
A glass of sparkling water before bed.

E: Every day starts with
A ‘have a nice day’ kiss from my husband as he sets off to work and then I switch on my computer and coffee machine.

F: Favorite Song
Currently Justin Timberlake’s, ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling’. So uplifting and just gives me an excuse to sing and dance, no matter how bad I am.

G: Ghosts, are they real?
I’ve encountered an eerie feeling, which I ignored by turning up the music and singing, only to be told later that the feeling was probably the resident ghost hanging around. I won’t be going back there!

H: Hometown
I was born in Kingswinford, West Midlands, England but now consider Germany my home.

I: In love with
Life with my husband. I also like how Mother Theresa summed up ‘love’: “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.”

J: Jealous of?
Nothing and no one. It’s a negative energy I don’t need in my life.

K: Killed someone?
Not in real life. But I do have a lot of fun creating bad-ass characters that get up to all sorts.

L: Last time you cried?
A couple of weeks ago when Very Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo left NCIS. I’m still choked.
M: Middle name
Joy – apparently, I was a bundle of joy when I was born. But no-one would agree with that if they happen to bump into me in a morning before a copious amount of coffee has been consumed. Sorry: I am a grumpy morning person. Best keep away until after 11am. But being a writer serves that mood well as I am usually locked away during the ‘grump’ stage.

N: Number of siblings
Two brothers – I’m a middle child.

O: One wish
To see Celine Dion in concert in Las Vegas. I saw her once at the NEC in Birmingham (England) – she was amazing!
 
P: Person you last called?
My mom. Even though she’s in the UK and I’m in Germany, we speak every day.

Q: Question you're always asked
What’ve you been doing all day?

R: Reason to smile
Life is good.

S: Sounds that annoy you
Anything too loud. There’s just no need. Ssshh!

T: Time you woke up
The birds were chirping merrily, welcoming the new day.

U: Underwear color
Give me a chance, I’m still in my pyjamas!

V: Vacation destination
Lost the travel bug years ago. Now my favourite destination is home. Although, another cruise around the Mediterranean would be rather nice.

W: Worst habit
Zoning out when I’m thinking, which is often and mostly writing related.

X: X-Rays you've had
 Jaw, head, ankle

Y: Your favorite food
Freshly baked bread.

Z: Zodiac sign
The Ram – mostly of the battering kind when I set my mind on something – obviously, no humans or animals are ever harmed!

An added random fact about me: I performed at the Birmingham Symphony Hall as part of a Yamaha music ensemble.

Please feel free to share an interesting fact about yourself, either from a question listed or anything random. 

Happy writing!

Comments

  1. Home is one of my favorite destinations.
    Like what Mother Theresa said about love.
    I do the same thing for my wife before I leave for work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds that annoy me? My kids saying "MO-OM" all day long. I just cringe and keep typing. Best sound: kitten purring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You'll miss that when they're all grown up and flown the nest.

      Delete
  3. Sparkling water before bed is a lot better than plain water before bed. ;) I love fresh baked bread, too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell of fresh baked bread is a yummy as eating it :)

      Delete
  4. Jeesh, I would hope no one killed anyone in real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep it to fiction - then we're all safe.

      Delete
  5. My mom gets eerie feelings in places where people have died. Sometimes she even gets sick. They call that being a "sensitive." I'm not sensitive. I can stand in a place where thousands have died and not know the difference between it and a building where no one has ever died unless someone tells me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't like to be a 'sensitive'. Far too scary to comtemplate.

      Delete
  6. Loved your response to Jealousy. This is a great questionnaire for a writers' meeting, also and I may use it for the next SinC/Hawaii gathering! When someone asks a writer what they've done all day, what can they expect for an answer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first started being asked what I do all day, I was very protective of my craft and defended it to the hilt but now the conversation goes like this:
      What you been up to all day?
      Nothing.
      I'm much calmer and nothing has changed in the mind of the persistent asker of my daily routine :)

      Delete
  7. So, you're two years older than me. (I can actually say that men were on the moon when I was born. My father saved the newspaper from that day. That was all over the front page.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Big Bird was aired first in 1969 so that was already on TV when you were born :)Have a fab week, Liz.

      Delete
  8. Love your list and that you were part of the symphony...pretty cool actually

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the most nerve wracking time of my life! I wouldn't do it again but at least I can say, 'been there, done that.'

      Delete
  9. Good answers. Vacation destination for us, Fort Sill, Oklahoma, at the end of the month, to go see our Little Girl graduate from boot camp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a super time at Fort Sill. You must be so proud!! Congratulations.

      Delete
  10. Loved your answers. Sounds that annoy you annoy me too! And I believe ghosts are real with very good reason :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote a ghost story based on an experience my mother and brother had. It's called The Viewing. Thank you for visiting, Teresa.

      Delete
  11. Yolanda got me into this hop as well! Glad I got to find out more about you Nicola.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was a lot of fun! I'm currently in my pajamas listening to the birds chirp and my hubby is getting ready for work. Sometimes I wish I drank coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks for popping by Christine.

      Delete
  13. Love your list, Nicola - and your positive answers but I didn't know about DiNozzo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm pining. Thanks for popping over, Rosemary. Lovely to see you - always.

      Delete
  14. Great A to Z! I may try this too!...Zoning out - mostly when the kids (sometimes the hubs) is talking to me when I'm trying to type. They get so mad! Guess that's the price I pay for having my "office" in the kitchen!
    Thanks for popping by my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My office is currently on the dining table and the distraction drives me crazy!! I do have a room for an office but currently no large enough desk to spread out on. Thanks for popping over, Janet.

      Delete
  15. We share a birth year. Cool. I agree about jealousy, though it sometimes slips in when I'm not paying attention. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1969 Rocks! (moon rocks, naturally:)) Thanks for popping over, Darla.

      Delete
  16. Thanks for joining the blogfest, Nicola. We have a few things in common. I watched the moon landing from my Oma's kitchen in Bochum, Germany. That was a good year. :) It was bad enough when Ziva left. Now that DiNozzo's gone too, NCIS has lost much of its allure. A Mediterranean cruise would be lovely! We did a Greek Islands cruise in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! Thank you!! It's a great blogfest and I really enjoyed being part of it. How small the world is: I live in NRW, near Cologne - not far from where you used to be :) Thank you for popping over, Debbie!

      Delete
    2. Well, hello neighbour! ☺ Köln is only 85 km from Bochum. I was born in Soest, which is 133 km away. Tschüß!

      Delete
  17. Now I'm craving freshly baked bread! I zone out a lot too, sometimes mid-way through my own conversation :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done that too - LOL! We are a funny breed, aren't we? :) Have a lovely week, Annalisa.

      Delete
  18. This is a cool little blog game. That's great that you're part of a symphony. Me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Sherry - even though my musical adventure amongst the adult world was short lived - couldn't handle the nerves. But I loved writing plays and music for the kids in the schools I worked in. That was the best time ever!

      Delete
  19. This was fun! I liked learning all these tidbits about you! (The underwear color cracked me up)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Seagulls woke me up this morning! (not too early thankfully)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a great game! Those x-rays sounded like they might have had some painful reasons behind them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jaw problem is painful at times and nothing can be done about it :(

      Delete
  22. Awesome. I like learning more about you. I know how you feel about Dinozzo leaving. Will NCIS still be as good? He made it funny:( I'm definitely not a morning person either and I tend to walk around in my pajamas a lot:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I haven't a clue why I'm not a morning person. My daughter is quite the opposite. She wakes up smiling and laughing. I have to work up to that each day :)

      Delete
  23. I was grinning ear o ear on your U answer.
    Thanks for that smile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, DeeDee. I love to make people smile :)

      Delete
  24. Hi Nicola - well done ... yes coffee early on rising ... I too struggle to get myself dressed - just happy bumbling around til necessity creeps in! DiNozzo - not my favourite for some reason! ... Cheers and good to read more about you ... happy times ahead - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that early morning time when birds are chirping and you don't hear much else. When I visited Europe, there was usually a church nearby and I'd hear bells. It was great learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every village has a church over here - our village church bells chime every hour and every half hour. I love it and once you get used to it, it no longer wakes you up during the night :)

      Delete
  26. I like that you call your Mom everyday. Even though I live in Germany, when my mom was alive, we talked everyday. The first thing in the morning, her time at 6 a.m. her phone would ring and we shared with one another. That was a very special time in my life and I cherish it.

    I have nominated you for this year’s Liebster Award. If you decide to accept, the instructions are at my book review website at:
    https://patgarciabookreviews.com/2016/07/17/the-liebster-award/
    Have a nice Sunday,
    Shalom aleichem,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom time is so important :) Thank you for nominating me for the Liebster Award Pat but I've only recently accepted the same award. Lovely of you, though. Thank you.

      Delete
  27. Loved your answers! Coffee first. Then conversation. I'm with you there. And absolutely yes to freshly baked bread!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fresh bread is indeed a lovely thing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Aw! I love how you wake up every day. *warm fuzzies* Maybe because it reminds me of how I usually wake...except I'm usually the first one out of bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the second out of bed. As there only two of us that does make me last :):) But second sounds so much better.

      Delete
  30. I enjoyed reading all your answers. Awesome getting to know you better! Loved your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind words and for popping over to visit.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! So pleased you've popped by. I love to read your comments, so do leave one - even if it's just to say 'hi'!