Liebster Award


Nilanjana Bose has very kindly nominated me and my blog for the Liebster Award. Thank you, Nila!

My first task as a recipient of the Liebster Award is to answer 11 questions given to me by the lovely Nila. Here are my answers:

Describe yourself in one word.
Free-spirited  

What is your beverage of choice when you're sitting writing a blogpost?
Coffee – preferably served by the lovely George Clooney… the imagination works wonders

Complete the sentence. I can't do without my ..........
Books

Name the top five things on your bucket list
To be a successful, published author
To rent a large cabin in the Alps for a big family Christmas – chef included
To take a flying lesson
To have a long conversation with Sir Richard Branson
To help my family achieve their bucket list
 
What is your relationship with James Bond? 
We are both British and admire Dame Judy Dench.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Between Herefordshire in the UK and NRW Germany. That is where my family is, thus my heart.

What is the message that you would send out through your blog? Your life?
Dreams can come true with hard work and lots of gumption.
 
Every adult is a guardian to the children in his/her community. Agree?
Having raised a lovely daughter and been a teacher for many years, I would agree.

Technology is making life...........
More colourful but don’t forget how to do things without it.
  
Have you read any poetry beyond school? If yes, whose? Name a favourite poet.
I’m not a poetry fan but thoroughly enjoyed reading Nilanjana’s poetry throughout April’s A to Z Challenge.
  
Spring, summer, autumn or winter? Why?
I love all seasons due to the changing colour scheme.

Random Facts About Me
 
Stage two of accepting this award is to give 11 random facts about myself, so here goes:

I loved school dinners as a child.
 When I was 12, I wrote a song and sent it to Cher.
 My favourite author to date is David Baldacci.
 I performed at the Birmingham Symphony Hall.
 I drank Dom Perignon at a Barry Manilow concert.
 I drove around the Nürburgring racing track in a VW Polo.
 I was chased by a bull on the island of Madeira.
 I twisted my ankle at a Judo lesson – I fell off the mat.
 I used to think ‘shell suits’ were cool.
 I used to tap dance – badly.
 I once made black tar – it was supposed to be cherry jam.

Official Rules

These are the official rules for accepting the Liebster Award. 

  • Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog in your post. Done
  • Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. Done
  • Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you. Done
  • Provide 11 random facts about yourself. Done
  • Nominate 5–11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, that have less than 1,000 followers. Coming up!
  • Create a new list of 11 questions for the nominees to answer. Coming up!
Here are my five nominees, whose blogs I throughly enjoy and believe are worthy of an award. Please do visit these blogs - you'll not be disappointed.






To my lovely blogger Liebster Award nominees, should you choose to accept the award, here are your eleven questions from me. I've tried to keep it short, sweet and fun.

Which of the following would you choose and why?

1.      Printed books or E-books?
2.      Cinema or Theatre?
3.      Cities or Countryside?
4.      Cows or sheep?
5.      Superman or Batman?
6.      Driver or passenger?
7.      Sweet or savoury?
8.      Thriller or Romance?
9.      Sandals with socks or without socks?
10.  Sunbathing on the beach or by the pool?
11.  Justin Timberlake or Justin Bieber?

Happy Blogging!



 

Comments

  1. You would travel to see your family - that's cool.
    I take it black tar does not taste like cherry jam?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't know how it tasted coz it was well and truly stuck to the pan :) It smelled like freshly laid tar :)

      Delete
  2. Aww.. thankyou so much!! I accept!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Seena. I love your blog!

      Delete
  3. Congrats -always interesting to learn these juicy tidbits about someone's life. Have I mentioned I'm taking tap lessons now? At 67? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great news, Karen! I find singing along to the feet helped :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely post, I loved your answers - and thank you for nominating me. I'll have to have a good think :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very okay if you decide not to do it, Teresa. Just wanted you to know that your blog is appreciated and I love to pop by :)

      Delete
  5. Loved your answers. It's always cool to get to know you a bit better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful fun! Did Cher ever write back to you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) No she didn't write back. Not sure if she even got it. All I can remember is that it was called, 'Promise Me' and it was probably rubbish :) But a girl has to pursue her dreams :) Maybe one day, it will re-surface...

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your award, Nicola. This was fun to read. Your bucket list is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your answers were fun and original. Congrats on your award! I got a gold star from my kindergarten teacher once ... but she put it on the end of my nose! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the gold star is still there, Roland :)

      Delete
  9. It's so nice to learn more about you. It made me think about who I want to serve me coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you for popping by Susan.

      Delete
  10. Congrats on the award! Renting a cabin in the Alps for Christmas would be so much fun. Oh, I want to do that now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add it to your bucket list, Chrys. Thank you for popping over.

      Delete
  11. So fun! And yes. A chef, please! Did you ever get anything back from Cher's staff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Donna. I heard nothing back. It floated off into the ether - never to return :) There has to be a chef :) Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  12. It sounds like you've had a pretty cool life. I can't believe you drove around a race track in a Polo. There must be a very interesting story to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to put ideas together. It was very funny - I didn't even think about the danger :)

      Delete
  13. Congratulations! How i never fell off the judo mat when i took lessons i have no clue, so you have my sympathy, it's not an easy martial art to master. Love your questions you've put out to your nominees!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the award! I enjoyed reading your answers and learning more about you, Nicola. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Black tar eh?? I bet it tasted pretty good though. Thank you for the award and I will do this in the next week or so:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a most worthy recipient, Birgit. The black tar was inedible and ended up in the trash, along with the pan :)

      Delete
  16. I've been a fan of bucket lists. I prefer life goals. The bucket can kick itself. Anyway really liked your list and learned a bit about you Nicola. I'd have George Clooney serve my orange juice any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Sheena. The good thing about life goals is that one can move the posts and achieve more things.

      Delete
  17. Well done on the answers! :) loved the humour, and the questions too. I wouldn't mind George getting my coffee either...

    ReplyDelete
  18. congrats on being nominated for the award. i have been following your A to Z posts, amazing, and i am humbled by your decision to nominate me. feels nice we some one like you thinks my efforts deserving the credit. Lazy as i am, i may not be able to answer the eleven questions etc. please excuse me if the chain ends here. thanks once again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I just wanted to show my appreciation of your super blog. I love to visit :)

      Delete
  19. It's a few years since I've seen these awards going around! Really enjoyed finding out more about you, Nicola - you've had an interesting life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosemary. It's been colourful - good and bad but I'm still smiling and relish life's challenges :)

      Delete
  20. Congrats on the award! It was great learning more about you. I love the tidbit about tap dancing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Loni. Tap dancing - the feet didn't do what they were supposed to but I had the most beautiful arm motion (to detract) :)

      Delete
    2. naturally I meant distract NOT detract - honestly, call myself a writer!! :)

      Delete
  21. Chased by a bull, eh? Sounds like a story just waiting to be written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I legged it back to our hire car (Fiat Panda - laughable in the circumstances) and zoomed in Panda fashion away from the oncoming battering.

      Delete
  22. I would love to be free-spirited. I'm just too uptight. I laughed so hard at you making black tar. I don't mean to offend you, but I know the feeling. I've had a lot of culinary disasters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had many culinary disasters that cause a great family laugh at my expense. But I'm not easily offended :)

      Delete
  23. I don't know...having George Clooney serving coffee to you might distract you from the work at hand...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks for popping by, Stephanie.

      Delete
  24. Congrats on your Liebster Award! I thought I was the only weird one who loved school lunches. You got chased by a bull?! Yikes! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lexa. You have a great week too :)

      Delete
  25. Dom Perignon AND Barry??? Heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rather nice :) Thank you for popping over, Jemi

      Delete
  26. Delightful read! Thank you for sharing about yourself. Happy blogging, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gosh! I LOVE your answers to Nila's questions, Nicola. James Bond... Mmm. You know - I bought my first cellphone in 2003 and have had the Dr.No soundtrack as my ring tone ever since, even though I've changed phones thrice after that.

    Your post is such a delight to read. I am laughing over the cherry jam!

    Congratulations on the award! Blogger awards are always the sweetest! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on the award! Love that you sent a song to Cher. I'd love to try my hand at writing songs, but wouldn't know what to do with them - I could write the words, but the music would escape me! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! So pleased you've popped by. I love to read your comments, so do leave one - even if it's just to say 'hi'!