A to Z Reflections
I've known about the A to Z Challenge for a few years but never had the courage to participate, until this year. And I'm so glad I took the plunge! I plunged even deeper and volunteered to be Minion to help encourage other bloggers and ensure the Challenge moved forward.
At the end of March the nerves did set in and there were a lot of ‘what ifs?’ What if I can’t keep up? What if nobody is interested in what I have to say? What if I fail? But then, I realized that ‘what ifs’ are just excuses and should, 95% of the time, be ignored (the other 5% are solely reserved for ‘what would I buy if I won the lottery?’).
April came and I was focused. I didn’t do much preparation, just the first five posts, which was good for me as it forced me to write to a daily schedule and write in the moment. This was difficult on the occasional day when my brain refused to function but I worked through it.
The concept of the Challenge also gave me the opportunity to widen my blogging readership and introduce myself to new people as well as keep in touch more regularly with bloggers I already know. There are some amazing and interesting people in the world and it was a pleasure to communicate on a daily basis.
On the whole, even though the Challenge was time consuming, I enjoyed every day of it and will participate again. The fun far outweighed the stress.
Thanks to all at the Challenge Team who are responsible for making this event happen and for ensuring it was a positive experience for all participants.