Three Generations


I feel incredibly lucky and proud to be part of three generations of ambitious women and November is proving to be a successful month for us all.

Last Friday, I flew to London to share my daughter’s graduation day. Not only did Alice achieve a first class Master’s degree in Chemistry (she doesn’t get her scientific talents from me) but she also won two awards: Best Academic Achievement Award for a student on the Master’s route and the Peter Eadington Prize for best undergraduate final-year project in the School of Pharmacy and Chemistry. I am an extremely proud mummy and we had a fantastic day together.

Earlier this month, my mother was awarded the accolade of Trainer of the Year in the West Midlands regional finals of the Great British Care Awards. At the age of 65, my mother is a true advocate of living life to the full and has no intention of retiring from her chosen profession, which she excels at. She is truly an inspiration to me and everyone that has had the pleasure of crossing her path. Her motto in life has always reflected that of life-long learner and she has even enrolled on yet another course to progress her career further. She is a true woman of substance. I am a very proud daughter.

My own successes this month have been on a smaller and more personal scale, but successes nevertheless. I have completed my final draft of my d├ębut novel, Face-off,written the synopsis and have started the process of finding an agent. Yippee! What would be the icing on the November cake, is to receive a phone call or an email from a womag asking to buy one of my numerous short stories that are floating in the ether. Fingers crossed.

All in all, a fabulous November for my family.

Comments

  1. Congratulations to all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on FACE-OFF, and the other successes in the family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you. I must admit, I re-titled my novel about six times. So important to get it right. It feels incredible to have completed the novel and I am now happy with its title :)

      Delete
    2. oops - bit of repetition there. Never mind :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to all three of you, Nicola. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! So pleased you've popped by. I love to read your comments, so do leave one - even if it's just to say 'hi'!