Muse, Where Are You?


Last week, my Muse seemed to have done a runner, leaving me to cope with a new story all by myself. Well, I was not a happy bunny and rather than sit and ponder, I went on the hunt and headed for town. After treating myself to a  well-earned cup of coffee, I gazed around and low and behold, there he was. MUSE! I didn’t have to look far. He was propped up against one of the bars that seemed to be parked on every corner. Surely, I’m not that bad! [click on images to get a better look]

There you are, Muse
He’d gone off to Kirmes without me. The Autumn Fair had taken over the town of Euskirchen. Lots of treats on offer and of course I indulged but I also compensated by having a healthy option too.

Yummy, cauliflower


Naughty but Nice


The streets were bustling and as ever my radar sprang into action. I moseyed around, listening in on other people’s conversations, heard the screams of the teenagers who insisted on the outrageously death defying rides and felt the pang in my heart as a lost child stood in the middle of the street crying out for its mother. 

Then I stumbled upon this.
Smokin'
With Muse taking a break at the next ‘watering hole’, my imagination sparked and a whole new romantic story popped into my head. Isn’t it funny how that happens. Ideas often just surprise you without warning. I captured the picture and decided to revisit my roots and set the story back in the times of the Industrial Revolution and the town of Dudley in the West Midlands. Blumin’ excitin’.

I was thankful to Muse for taking a break. It gave me permission to do the same and a change of scenery did me the world of good. It is quite easy to become a hermit as a writer and I often forget there is a world outside of my front door. 

Cheers, Muse!



Comments

  1. I need to get out more and find my Muse. Lovely pictures, Nicola.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope your Muse is rather better looking than mine, Lynne :) And is sober. Mine causes me a lot of trouble :) Thank you for popping in.

      Delete
  2. I don't have a Muse. Just a demon sitting on my shoulder. Great pictures, Nicola.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't let the demon weigh you down, Keith :) Thanks for popping by. Lovely to see you here.

      Delete
  3. Getting out and about does seem to help the imagination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does, Patsy. As long as one doesn't forget to go home again and start writing :)

      Delete
  4. When my muse deserts me, I stop trying and do something else. It always comes back eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures, Nicola. I'm so glad your Muse returned. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! So pleased you've popped by. I love to read your comments, so do leave one - even if it's just to say 'hi'!