Proud as Punch!

I am proud to share with you that I have just completed a short story writing course with The Writing Magazine.  YAY! 

I started the course earlier this year after repeated rejections from the womags. I thought, and rightly so, my short story writing needed refining in order to become more marketable. Supported and guided by my tutor, the lovely Lynne Hackles, I ventured into a variety of genre that I wouldn’t have even thought about exploring: romance, ghost stories and unusual settings, which sent me hurtling into a bush fire on the outskirts of Sydney. How thrilling, albeit it dangerous. And, very hot!

I now feel a lot more prepared and in a better position to sell my short stories to the numerous women’s magazines and have just popped a couple in the post. Fingers crossed!
 
Happy writing!

Comments

  1. I'm not surprised you got a lot out if the course with Lynne as your tutor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did Wendy. Lynne's honest and in-depth critiques helped to refine my writing. I really enjoyed the journey.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the submissions, and thanks for visiting my blog. Did you come via Talkback?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizy. Lovely of you to visit. I found you via another writer's blog.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on completing the course. Lynne is a fantastic tutor/writer/butterfly and a brilliant and supportive friend. Good luck with your stories - you'll get there x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa. That means a lot. If I could achieve just a fraction of what you have done, I will be a happy bunny. Thank you for visiting :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on completing the course and good luck with your submissions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patsy. Just sent off another story about a 'Groovy Grandma' which is what my daughter used to call my mom. Cute.

      Delete
  5. Good to see a new face in blogland. Good luck with the submissions, Nicola. I've had excellent support from all these ladies over the last few years. You must keep sending those manuscripts out. Persistence is the key.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keith. It's lovely to be amongst such creative and lovely people.

      Delete
  6. Hi Nicola, great to meet you, via Keith's blog. Good luck with the submissions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to meet you too, Susan. Thank you for the support.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on completing the course, Nicola. I like the sound of that. Good luck with your submissions too. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on completing the course, Nicola. Fingers crossed for some success with your submissions now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sally. I've got everything crossed.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! So pleased you've popped by. I love to read your comments, so do leave one - even if it's just to say 'hi'!